Monday 19 March 2012

what’s it all about.....

I’ve been rather busy and therefore just a bit absent from blogging for the past... {..gasp! Is it really that long...???} year or so!!
Yikes! It’s been all go, to say the least.
I could go on and on explaining all about the lack of internet that struck our home for a couple of months {very annoying} and then the subsequent break down of a slightly battered and peppa pig stickered ‘pooter’ and then the convoluted and slightly mind warping appeal we had to conjure up with regards to our building proposals that had been initially REJECTED!!! {Insert frowny face here}.
I’m sure you won’t be the slightest bit surprised to hear of my long list of unfinished projects.....I’m drowning in granny squares, have piles of cut out and ready to sew dress pattern pieces......and the usual ‘I’ve started but I probably won’t finish...’ knitting challenges.....
But no, I’m going to return to this wee blog with a little shout out to the one project I did get finished. 
Ok, so it may have been two weeks late and made me really tired and possibly just a bit grumpy in the making, and I have a feeling I wasn’t particularly looking my best and the language was akin to that of a sailor on delivery of said project. 
BUT....all that said, I think you’ll agree..... 
It’s by far my best work to date....!

{Yes, we have a new little - almost 8 week old -  thimbles in our house! I have a brand spanking new ‘pooter’ and we have upped sticks while the builders turn our house into a little palace....in my head anyway!!}

Just to say a big thanks for all the emails and messages of ‘where are you?’. You’re all just so lovely to get in touch and ask after me. x

13 comments:

  1. Oh that is so lovely, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Have been popping in every now & then, gathered you must be busy..understatement! Enjoy your baby, that picture of little fingers is divine. Best wishes for a speedy house/palace return..xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for checking up on me!!

      Delete
  2. surprise, surprise...
    i don't know you so well, i've enjoyed reading your posts in the past, and i let your blog stay on my list, just in case.
    this is the case!
    congratulations to the new addition. i'm sure the grafting will get done too. (and i'm talking from experience, like, right in the middle of painting pot and plaster bag...)...
    lovely to have you back though.
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thank you for keeping me in your blogroll!!

      Delete
  3. Oh Sarah, congratulations, what a beautiful handmade creation you have been busy with between blog posts. I did one post one year (2008), life gets in the way!! Gorgeous to have you back & can't wait to hear about building approvals & all things construction, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Posie! Yes, life does get in the way but that’s always a good thing, right!?

      Delete
  4. You DARK HORSE, you! But you CLEVER CLOGS too! Heartiest congratulatories, excellent lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I was like a ninja with a bump and swollen ankles.....Thanks for your well wishes!

      Delete
  5. ohhh yay!! best creation..EVER!
    missed you Sarah, glad you have been busy creating a new life.
    BIG hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Cathie! Missed you too, so glad to be able to pop over for a cuppa and some yummy cake { you’ll be making the cake , obviously!!}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww congratulations! That's such a beautiful picture :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations....I have also just had a little boy...still can't quite believe it really. It's quite an amazing thing isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, that is by far your best work to date - I am stoked for you! :) CONGRATULATIONS! May your days be filled with little blessings, and your nights some more sleep soon! :) I have missed your posts. Welcome back Sarah!
    S xox

    ReplyDelete